Go Back Report # 692
06-00-1958

06-??-1958                            Professional Translation       

CISU Case: 157

Location: Casal Borsetti (RA)

Category C: Objects that come out of the water (it does not matter if they subsequently go

                        back into the water)

Evaluation: Insufficient information

Original Source: “Il Carlino” del 13/11/1986   

Sighting Description: Il Sig. Giovanni Mantovani, quando era militare addetto alla contraerea, alle ore 13:30, vide il mare ribollire a circa mille metri dalla costa ed apparire improvvisamente un oggetto nero, pieno di tubi, senza finestrini e vele, offuscato da un vapore biancastro. Il fondale era profondo solo 20 metri e quella zona era interdetta alla navigazione. Il testimone salì, quindi, sul binocolo di puntamento della contraerea e notò che l’oggetto era sospeso sull’acqua e sparì. Al suo passaggio, comunque, l’oggetto provocava, sotto di sé, una formazione di piccole onde a punta, come se una calamita attirasse in alto l’acqua del mare.           

Sighting Description: When he was a soldier, assigned to military antiaircraft, Mr. Giovanni Mantovani saw the sea bubbling about one thousand meters offshore at 1:30 p.m. Suddenly, a black object appeared, full of pipes, without windows or sails, and covered by a whitish steam. The depth was only 20 meters and the area was banned to navigation. The witness climbed on the aiming binoculars of the antiaircraft and noticed that the object was suspended over the water and later disappeared. However, as the object moved, it caused small pointy waves to form beneath itself, as if a magnet was pulling the water.                                                     

This reference: USOCAT by The Italian Center for UFO Studies (CISU), © 1996 by Marco Bianchini. http://www.cisu.org/          

UFOCAT PRN – NONE           

Europe – Italy, Ravenna

Casal Borsetti - Latitude 44-33 N, Longitude 12-17 E (D-M)

This reference: Italy Gazetteer, United States Board on Geographical Names, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., August 1956.       


 



Print this Page