In 1908, Russian steamship Okhotsk was in the Sea of Okhotsk, in the Russian Far East. F. D. Derbek, a Russian Imperial Navy doctor aboard the ship, reported that during the night of October 22, at 11 p.m., a bright and unusual green-white luminescence flared up under the ship's stern. The luminescence quickly expanded, surrounding the ship. With the steamship in its center, the brightly lit surface assumed the shape of an oval. It moved with the ship for a while, and then separated itself and moved sideways, and then forward, ahead of the vessel. The brightly lit and clearly outlined spot rapidly distanced itself from Okhotsk, and two or three minutes later it reached the horizon, where it glowed as a bright clear streak, reflecting its light on clouds. This sighting was reported in several Soviet and Russian magazines.
Reference for the above text is: UFO Matrix magazine, Vol. 1, issue 6, p. 22, “USOs and UFOs in the Pacific Bermuda Triangle” by Paul Stonehill.
UFOCAT PRN - NONE
Europe – Russia
Sea of Okhotsk Latitude 55-00-00 N, Longitude 150-00-00 E [sea]
Print this Page