Go Back Report # 110
10-25-1954

10-25-1954                           Professional Translation       

CISU Case: 009

Location: Marotta (PS)

Category B: Objects that enter the water or they dive down after making some additional

            maneuvers or they dive down and then re-emerge to disappear in the sky (the way

            that the first contact with the water happens is most important).

Evaluation: Insufficient information

Original Source: "Nazione Sera" del 25/10/1954; “Alto Adige” del 30/10/1954; "Voce Adriatica" del 26/10/1954; "Giornale del Mattino" del 26/10/1954; "Gazzetta Padana" 26/10/1954; "Il Gazzettino" del 26/10/1954; AAVV "Ufo in Italia", vol. 2, ed. Tedeschi, pag. 185; CrashCat caso n. 011.

Sighting Description: Alcune persone, tra cui il Sig. Domenico Portavia, osservarono un oggetto che si dirigeva verso sud-ovest; l’oggetto a forma di sigaro e di colore rosso era velocissimo e volava a circa un miglio dalla costa. Improvvisamente precipitò in mare a picco, sollevando un’onda alta e schiumosa. Il mare in quel punto era profondo solo dodici metri, ma le operazioni di ricerca effettuate con alcuni pescherecci non dettero alcun risultato.         

Sighting Description: Some people, among them Mr. Domenico Portavia, observed an object flying towards the southwest; the object, shaped like a cigar and red in color, was flying at very fast speed about a mile off the coast. Suddenly it crashed straight down in the sea, creating a tall and foamy wave. The sea at that point was only twelve meters deep, but the search for the object, undertaken by several fishing boats, produced no results.                                        

This reference: USOCAT by The Italian Center for UFO Studies (CISU), © 1996 by Marco Bianchini. http://www.cisu.org/          

UFOCAT PRN – NONE           

Europe – Italy, Pesaro e Urbino. Body of water is the Adriatic Sea.

Marotta - Latitude 43-46 N, Longitude 13-08 E (D-M)

This reference: Italy Gazetteer, United States Board on Geographical Names, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., August 1956.       


 



Print this Page