From the NICAP investigation form:
02. Time: 9:20 PM
04. How long did you see the object: 20-25 seconds.
06. Position of the sun or moon in relation to the object and to you: Sun to the left and setting.
20. Tell the apparent size of the object(s) when compared with the following, held at arm’s length: f. Grapefruit
21. How did you happen to notice the object(s)? (Answered to this and 22 that follows.–CF-)
22. Where were you and what where you doing at the time?: On lake fishing
29. Please draw a map of the locality of the observation showing North: your position: the direction from which the object(s) appeared and disappeared from view: the direction of its course over the area: roads, towns, villages, railroads, and other landmarks within a mile.
Annotation replaces handwritten text –CF-For a map of the lake see:http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/water/fhp/lakes/lakemap/2714500z.htm
Rotating clockwise from ground approx 20 R.P.M.
Moving forward 30 to 70 M.P.H.
In sight 20 to 25 seconds going N.E.
Dia. of discs, 40 to 50 feet minimum
described as very large.
No sound audible, no vapor or smoke trail.
Altitude 200 to 500 ft.
Not wobbling or zigzagging, flying a straight line.
Dark or brown squares over entire lower section like "checkerboard."
A row of larger rectangle "frames" higher on craft. Heavy "iron-like" square windows visible through "brilliant" orange glowing superstructure or dome. A row of “sparkles" or small white lights much like reflectors seen along highways, around perimeter on surface close to bottom of craft.
Sight of discs was preceded by unusual behavior of lake much like gently rocking of a fish bowl. Not known whether this was associated with discs.
One to the rear and slightly higher, both rotating slowly approx. 20 to 30 R.P.M. Moving in a straight line – not wobbling, or zigzagging bit in uniform flight. Moving northeast 30 to 50 MPH. No sound noticeable, no vapor. It was just dark enough to see any lights good and yet light enough to distinguish a definite solid outline. Squared, darkish brown dull surface clearly outlined. Both rotating 20 to 30 R.P.M., clockwise as seen from the ground. Four square windows in upper part rotating with craft. Beautiful “Orange glow” coming from inside square windows.
Both were tilted, top of craft towards us as if observing us. Skies were clear, no clouds at all, no wind, no overcast, very clear. Definitely nor balloons, birds, helicopter, or conventional aircraft but 2 solid, rotating, lighted discs intelligently controlled and can be described only as weird, and not of this earth.
This reference: NICAP Investigation Files. With thanks to The J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS): http://www.cufos.org/
UFOCAT PRN – 41422
UFOCAT URN – 041422 (USAF) Blue Book files counted in official statistics +10626
UFOCAT URN – 061843 J. Allen Hynek Investigation Files, 121
UFOCAT URN – 146563 Australasian Ufologists, April 1999, P.53
UFOCAT URN – 165727 *U* UFO Computer Database by Larry Hatch, # 07258 © 2002
North America – United States, Wisconsin, Washburn
Spooner Latitude 45-49-21 N, Longitude 91-53-22 W (D-M-S) [PPL]
Potato Lake Latitude 45-49-13 N, Longitude 91-40-14 W
Stone Lake Latitude 45-50-44 N, Longitude 91-32-26 W [PPL]
UFO Location (UFOCAT) Latitude 45.83 N, Longitude 91.88 W (D.%)